Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Brew For My Own Wedding?


I've really been debating whether I should brew all (or at least some) of the beer for my wedding coming up at the end of March (which will be in Southport, NC by the way). I guess I'm really pushing time limits at this point, though I could fairly easily have 20-25 gallons ready by then.

I guess I'm most concerned about getting all the extra equipment (larger CO2 tank, extra regulators, serving lines, cobra taps, etc) needed to serve 4-5 kegs at once and make sure all the bugs are out of the system by then. It would really suck to have to tend bar myslef at my own wedding because of serving issues. But I digress.

What do you guys think? Anyone ever tried this successfully before? I'm more than confident in the quality of my beer, just not confident on the serving end.
UPDATE 5/20/08:
The wedding went off without a hitch and I am glad I didn't try to brew my own beer lineup. This would have been completely overwhelming considering all the other wedding crap that was going on. Instead, I had a very good friend in the industry hook me up with several cases each of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Avery Ellie's Brown Ale, and Sam Adams Light (the only light beer I would allow). I and everyone else seemed to be very please with the beer, wine, and food selections. Needless to say, I continue to be happily married after 2 months with no end in sight.

No comments: