Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Yeeaaaahhhh!!!! A three day weekend. I really need an extra day off right about now. My wife and I are going kayaking with a couple friends of ours on Saturday. We will either hit the Dan or Yadkin River for a couple of hours for nice, relaxing paddling...and maybe a couple of beers along the way.

And guess what? I am also planning to brew on either Sunday or Monday. I got my ingredients today (from Triad Homebrew in Greensboro) for batch #2 of my Rye-Centennial IPA. See my recipe below...

Recipe Specifications-------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 7.50 gal
Estimated OG: 1.069
Estimated Color: 8.0 SRM
Estimated IBU: 58.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients------------------------------------
10 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter
3 lbs Rye Malt
1 lbs Melanoiden Malt
1.50 oz Centennial (60 min) (First Wort Hop)
1.50 oz Centennial (5 min)
1.00 oz Centennial (Dry Hop 7 days, Secondary or Keg)
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min)
2 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04)

Mash Schedule--------------------------------
Saccharification: Rest 50 min at 152.0 F
Vorlauf: 1-2 gallons as needed for clarity
Fly Sparge: 45 min at 170.0 F

No comments: