Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Brewing Rig

Alright. After several months of not really being able to post, I'm back at it again. I have finally finished my brewery and I am quite proud of it. I will have an inaugural session ths weekend to test it out. I am particularly excited about fly sparging and seeing what will happen to my efficiency now that ingredient prices are through the roof.

Basically, I bough a couple of $50 wire racks from target, casters, a new HLT and burner, some ply wood, and misc hardware. I think any dummy could build what I did, but I am a dummy and I did it all by myself. Both burners will run off a single propane tank now that I fashioned a splitter. There is space to mount my pump, plate chiller, and water filter. The only thing I really have left to do is install a sight glass on the HLT and mark volume measurments. But this will be a project for later on.

I am still brewing on the screen porch (which my wife loves, as you can imagine). I'll be posting pics as soon as we get a new camera.

No comments: